Top Tips on How to Choose the Right Community for You!
Finding the perfect home for your and your family often begins with finding a community in which you can see yourself living. After all, your home is part of a neighborhood that is, itself, part of a larger community. Even if you find a home that’s perfect on its own, you’re unlikely to buy it if the community around it doesn’t meet your needs. When you’re shopping for a new home or a first home, one of the first questions you should be asking yourself is how to choose the right community for you and your family. Fortunately, here at Candela, we’ve put together some tips to help you do just that.
Before you begin! We know that you’re excited to start your home-buying journey, but before you begin looking for houses, you should take the time to list some of the things that you’re looking for in a community. This may include distance from major cities or proximity to work, recreation, and shopping. If you have children—or are planning to have children—you may also be concerned about the schools and playgrounds in the area. Making a list of the things that are important to you before you begin will help you save time and ensure that you’re only looking at houses and communities that are likely to meet your needs. Once you have a good idea of what you’re looking for, you can start using these tips for how to choose the right community to find the neighborhood that’s perfect for you!
1. Pick a few locations. We’ve all had the importance of location hammered into us over and over again, but when it comes to buying a home, location really does mean so much. Some people like to be close to their work, while others would prefer a little distance. For some, kids having the ability to walk to school is of paramount importance, while others want to be close to recreation, entertainment, shopping, or the outdoors. Whatever your preferences, location matters. It helps to determine everything from the value of your home to how you experience your life outside your front door. Pick a few areas that meet your needs and start looking for communities you’ll love!
2. Check out community benefits. A community is so much more than just the houses, schools, and businesses that make it up. Many communities offer a variety of other benefits, from safe and reliable roads to amenities such as swimming pools, dog parks, fitness centers, and more. This is where master-planned communities like Candela shine. Because these communities are designed to incorporate world-class amenities, they can offer fun things for you and the whole family to do right outside your front door! Plus, many master-planned communities also have specific speed zones around neighborhoods and schools, making it a lot safer for the little ones to walk to school or for the family to just take a turn around the block.
3. Look at local school options. Speaking of schools, having a good school nearby is an important part of choosing a home for any parent. Whether your children are carrying their lunch boxes to their first days of kindergarten or heading off to high school, proximity to good schools is important at every stage of your child’s development. When you’re looking for the right community, look at which schools the neighborhood is zoned to and how close they are to your prospective home.
4. Find the perfect home. For some people, the perfect home is one that they build themselves. In that case, you’ll want to look for communities where you can work with exceptional builders who offer a wide variety of floor plans, design choices, and price points. Not everyone wants to take the time to wait for a new home to be built, however. If you’re ready to move into your new home sooner rather than later, you have plenty of options. Many master-planned communities offer move-in-ready inventory homes that are just as impressive as the house you’d build yourself, but they’re already finished and ready for you and your family to move in and start making memories. Whatever option you’re looking for, the important thing is to find a community that offers houses that you and your family will love for years to come.
5. Remember to ask about the HOA. Whether you’re looking for a home in a master-planned community or elsewhere, most neighborhoods have a homeowners association of some sort. These HOAs are responsible for the shared spaces of the community, which may include playgrounds, roads, amenities, and more. The HOA also helps to maintain and improve the property values of all the homes within the community, often by establishing guidelines and collecting dues that help to finance repairs and maintenance of the community’s shared spaces. Before you choose a community, learn what the HOA is responsible for and how much your monthly dues will be.
Why not look to Candela? If you’re looking for a perfect location surrounded by natural beauty, breathtaking amenities, and easy access to great schools, you might find what you’re searching for in Richmond, Texas. Candela is a master-planned community that offers its residents a stunning array of world-class amenities, including swimming pools, fitness centers, and much more. It’s located just 30 miles southwest of Houston, meaning that we’re a short drive from work, fun, and everything else you could ask for, and you can still enjoy the peace and quiet of small-town living. We’ve partnered with some of the leading builders in the nation to offer top-quality homes that will fit your family’s needs, and we’re zoned to four Lamar Consolidated School District campuses. Whatever you’re looking for in a community and a new home, you’re sure to find it at Candela! Want to learn more about the bright future that’s waiting for you and your family at Candela? Just fill out the contact form below to be among the first to hear about new homes, exciting news, and upcoming events. Or let us know what you’re looking for in a home and a community, and we’ll help you find your place in the sun today!