A Summer Family Fun Guide: Kid-Friendly Things to do in Richmond, TX
School’s out, the sun is shining, and families all over Texas are looking for some good ol’ summer adventure. If you’re on the lookout for some kid-friendly things to do in Richmond, TX that are fun for the whole family, we’ve got the guide for you! Candela residents already know that the Richmond area is a gold mine of family fun and has things to do all year round. But we’ve specifically put together a Family Fun Guide to some of the best and most exciting kid-friendly things to do in Richmond, Texas this summer!
1. Make a Splash at Typhoon Texas Water Park: Here in Texas, we generally enjoy some pretty great weather, but even we have to admit that summers can get a little hot. Fortunately, there’s an easy (and fun) way to cool off at this nearby mecca of water fun! Ride the Lazy T River, lounge in Tidal Wave Bay, or watch the kids have an absolute blast in the Gully Washer!
2. Celebrate at the Red, White & Boom 4th of July Event: Not everything happening around Richmond is going on all summer long, so mark your calendars for this fantastic—and family-friendly—event at Crown Festival Park in Sugarland, TX. There’ll be music, food, plenty of vendors, and, of course, a show-stopping fireworks display to celebrate our nation’s independence!
3. Take a Trip Through Time at the Fort Bend Museum: Learning can be fun, even if the kids don’t always believe that. Fortunately, you don’t have to tell them that the Fort Bend Museum in Richmond, TX is educational. All they need to know is that it’s an amazing trip through all kinds of Texas history that they’ll find surprisingly cool—especially in the air conditioning.
4. Get Your Groove on at Live Music Night in Central Green Park: Who doesn’t love some good music under the stars? Grab your dancing shoes and a picnic blanket and come out to Live Music Night at Central Green Park on July 15th. A concert featuring Jonah Miles begins at 8 PM. While this is a one-night-only event, the park has a lot of great family-friendly events all summer long, including family movie nights, storytime events, and other live music, so check the park’s events listing for more fun things to do!
5. Discover the TreeHouses at the Houston Museum of Natural Science: This is a special event that’s running through September 4th at the Houston Museum of Natural Science (HMNS). Kids and grown-ups alike will love roaming from tree to tree in this indoor forest canopy, exploring the many habitats that trees provide, and coming face-to-face with all kinds of wildlife. Plus, the TreeHouses are only one of the many fun things to do at the HMNS. Plan a whole day at the museum with the family!
6. Enjoy all the Amenities at Candela: Of course, Candela residents don’t have to leave home to enjoy plenty of fun things to do in Richmond, TX. Candela is home to all sorts of amenities that are perfect for some summertime fun in the sun, from our resort-style pool and splash pad to the playground and yoga lawn and so much more! All of our amenities start right at the Axis Amenity Center, where fun in the sun really begins! It’s no wonder kids love Candela—and their parents love it, too!
Whatever your family loves to do for summer fun, you’ll find plenty of it in Richmond, TX. Our area has so many family-friendly things to do, and this guide is just the tip of the iceberg. That’s one of the things we love most about living here. There’s always something new to explore and plenty of opportunities to find your own favorite spots for summer fun.
If you’re looking to make the most of Richmond all year round, there’s no better place to do it than from your very own place in the sun here at Candela. Our master-planned community offers stunning homes from amazing builders nestled in a wonderful neighborhood that will inspire you and instantly feel like home.
And if you want to learn more about making Candela your family’s new homestead and joining all the fun in the sun, schedule a tour today or connect with Candela to be among the first to hear about new homes, news, and exciting events here in Richmond, TX and across the region!